[sane-devel] help required to use umax astra 4100 on linux

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Wed Nov 30 18:35:25 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 10:06:10AM +0530, Parag N wrote:
>         Thanks for reply. Actually i got other scanner to write a backend so
> for time being i am stopping discussions on umax 4100 and would like to

If you still have the UMAX 4100 I'd be still interested in its
sane-find-scanner -v -v output.

> develop backend for HP scanjet 2400.
>       Output of "sane-find-scanner -v -v" for HP Scanjet 2400 is

Thanks, this one is already on our web site.

> Now can u help me what things are required to develop a scanner backend from
> above info.

See the other recent mails about this scanner e.g. from Gerald Murray.

Generally, you must enable the ids for that scanner in genesys.conf
and check what happens when you try to scan. If it doesn't work, check
in the source code at which position and why. Also check/try the
different available falgs, motors and so on. If necessary, get a
Windows log file and fix the genesys code appropriately.

> Before using, make sure that the USB scanner device driver is loaded:
> modprobe scanner

That's not necessary any more.