[sane-devel] EPKOWA Epseon PF 3590 Photo

Terry D. Boldt fastsnip-frnds1 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 1 20:10:49 UTC 2005

On Saturday 01 October 2005 15:57, Russbucket wrote:
> On Saturday 01 October 2005 08:17 pm, Dietmar Segbert wrote:
> > Hello,
> > since september 29. ist the epkowa driver for the epson perfection 3590
> > photo availeble.
> > I hae downloaded iscan, but i can#t compile it. I have no gtk+ installed
> > and i have some problems to compile gtk+ 2.5.6.
> >
> > Can i complie/create only the epkowa moule for sane?
> >
> > And does the multifeeder work with this driver?
> >
> > Regards.
> >
> > Dietmar
>
> In a discussion I had yesterday about the Epson CX6600, I was told that
> Sane DOES NOT support the epkowa backend, at least for my printer. I was
> trying to configure it nder sane. I have had it installed and working under
> SuSE 9.1 with no problems.
>
> Sorry I cannot tell you more.

I have been using Xsane and Sane with the EPKOWA backend for a long time now.
I have the Epson 1650 Photo scanner. I do not have any Epson printers though.
All HP printers.

Note - I also use vuescan - it is better for batch scanning 35mm negatives and
slides. I don't know what the price is now, but I got it a few years back for
$40.00. The license is a lifetime license and free upgrades from the vuescan
web site.

Terry

> --
> Russbucket

If you are always rushing towards the future,
Then you never have any past.

Terry Boldt
Paraphrasing Ben Franklin:

Those who sacrifice freedom for safety, have neither.

The exact quote:

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
  Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790),
  US author, diplomat, inventor, physicist, politician, & printer
  Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759