[sane-devel] Epson GT9700 with usb2.0

Mogens Jaeger mogensjaeger at get2net.dk
Sat Oct 1 22:06:47 UTC 2005

Hello

I have for some time been using the mentioned scanner, on my SuSE system.
But having upgraded my motherboard I can't access the scanner.

On the old system it worked, though only when I connected it to an
usb1.1 - Epson writes on their homepage, that it can lead to errors,
connecting the scanner to a hub, and the old motherboard had only usb1.1
native, and usb2.0 through a PCI-card, which I asumed worked too much as
a hub, after Epson's taste.
But with the new motherboard it ought to work, but no. :-(
The scanner is found and is reported both with 'product ID' and 'device ID'.
Starting XSane seems OK besides 18 lines saying: '(xsane:28430):
Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to
pango_layout_set_text()', but requesting a preview gives an I/O error.
Having installed 'iscan' and trying to run it gives: 'Could not send
command to scanner. Check the scanner's status.'
I have checked my /usr/local/etc/sane.d/epson.conf and all but the line
'usb' is commented out.

All ideas on how to solve this is very much welcome

Sincerely

--
mvh Mogens Jæger