[sane-devel] Preparation of the next release of sane-backends

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Mon Oct 3 12:55:18 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,

To avoid the long time between releases we had last time, I want to
start with feature freeze of sane-backends 1.0.17 in let's say 4-6
weeks.

I would like to know if this time frame is feasible. I'll add a
list of projects that should be included in the next release in my
opinion. Is it possible to do so in this time frame?

- lexmark backend
  The first patch didn't look too bad. Can we have ab updated one?

- genesys backend
  What's the status of the gl841 backend? Can it be added to the main
  CVS in the above mentioned time frame? Could some of the other gl646
  scanners be supported?

- mustek_usb2 backend
  I hope I can add that today

- mustek_a3p1 backend
  Needs lots of work and communication with Mustek. It may be possible
  to add it in the timeframe mentioned above.

Are there any other projects/backends that should go into the next
release and that may be ready by this time?