[sane-devel] Support for Epson All-in-one

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Oct 4 07:57:21 UTC 2005

Hello,

On Sep 30 07:49 Russbucket wrote (shortened):
> I just updated SANE to version 1.0.15-21 on SuSE 9.1. My Epson CX6600

This model is supported by the "epkowa" backend (i.e. driver).
This backend is not included in SANE.
This backend is only included in the "Image Scan" (iscan) software
from Epson Avasys (formerly Epson Kowa):
http://www.avasys.jp/english/linux_e/index.html

YaST in SuSE 9.1 has no support for "iscan".
Since 9.3 there is YaST support for "iscan".
Therefore you must set up your scanner manually, see
http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2004/10/jsmeix_scanner-setup-92.html

If you have an AMD 64-bit machine, see also
http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2005/03/jsmeix_scanner-setup-93.html

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de