[sane-devel] Support for Epson All-in-one

Russbucket russbucket at nwi.net
Tue Oct 4 15:25:30 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 12:57 am, Johannes Meixner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Sep 30 07:49 Russbucket wrote (shortened):
> > I just updated SANE to version 1.0.15-21 on SuSE 9.1. My Epson CX6600
>
> This model is supported by the "epkowa" backend (i.e. driver).
> This backend is not included in SANE.
> This backend is only included in the "Image Scan" (iscan) software
> from Epson Avasys (formerly Epson Kowa):
> http://www.avasys.jp/english/linux_e/index.html
>
> YaST in SuSE 9.1 has no support for "iscan".
> Since 9.3 there is YaST support for "iscan".
> Therefore you must set up your scanner manually, see
> http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2004/10/jsmeix_scanner-setup-92.html
>
> If you have an AMD 64-bit machine, see also
> http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2005/03/jsmeix_scanner-setup-93.html
>
> Kind Regards
> Johannes Meixner
> --
> SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de
> 90409 Nuernberg, Germany                    WWW: http://www.suse.de/

-- Thanks for the response. The scanner was working fine under Iscan and
Xsane. I thought I could set it up and run it from Sane. As your email points
out I can't. I tryed manual config but not vendors come up in the YaSt list
so it does not let me go on.

Thanks for you response. and help!
Russbucket