[sane-devel] User permissions

Dieter Jurzitza dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de
Sat Oct 8 06:12:39 UTC 2005

Hi Michael,
I do not know that much about gentoo, but are you sure your user is in the
group "scanner"? This would be neccessary to make work what you wrote into
the config file.
1.) make a grep "scanner" /etc/group and look who's within there.
If your user is not in this group edit /etc/group and add him there. The other
option would be to put the scanner into the group users - I assume your user
"fred" has the group "users".

Take care

Dieter

Am Freitag, 7. Oktober 2005 23:34 schrieb Michael Irons:
> I am trying to set up a HP Scanjet 2200c on gentoo (kernel
******

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)