[sane-devel] hp3970 - Reading image in raw format

JKD JKD at JKDSoft.cjb.net
Mon Oct 10 03:09:10 UTC 2005

Hello everyone,

I started working on hp scanjet 3970 backend one year ago unofficially
(I don't like to make things official when I'm not sure if I can do it).
Few months later I stopped working on it due to other guy announced
officially his intention to create a backend. After some months of
inactivity I'm on it again.

My program already makes scanner working and it seems that image is
being read from scanner but I need some help about it. I need to see if
received image is correct but I don't know anything about known image
formats. Scanner's image is a succesion of 3 bytes (red, green, blue
channels). Is there any utility to see this kind of image? Is there any
utility or any code to convert this data to any known image format?

At the moment, my program is not integrated in sane project. It works as
standalone. So, I think I can not use any sane utility to manage
received raw image.

Sincerelly, Jonathan Bravo Lopez (JKD)

P.D.: I apologize about my english level