[sane-devel] HP scanjet5530

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sat Oct 15 12:04:08 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 09:18:24PM +0200, herby wrote:
> i have read that the scaner "hp scnajet 5530" is not supported.

As the information on our website about this scanner is not yet
complete, please send us the output of "sane-find-scanner -v -v".

> I have also read that it is possibile to write an backend driver.

It's alway possible to write a backend. Only the time frame necessary
for this task may vary :-)

> maybe i can do write an backend driver. Pleas tell me how to do this.

If the scanner really has a GL841 chip, it may be supported by the
genesys backend. Please read the archive and follow the discussions of
this mailing list concerning this backend.

If it has some other chip, see the "Contributing" section of the SANE
website for some information about writing backends.