[sane-devel] EPKOWA Epseon PF 3590 Photo

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Oct 18 08:05:32 UTC 2005

Hello,

On Oct 18 09:08 Olaf Meeuwissen wrote (shortened):
> Levente Novák <lnovak at dragon.klte.hu> writes:
> > I thought the linux and windows drivers are at the same level of
> > functionality.
>
> Most definitely not.  The Windows drivers do quite a bit in software
> that is not done by the epkowa backend.  The iscan frontend does some
> of it but whatever it does has not been updated for the last 2 years
> or so.

I assume it depends on the particular model whether or not
there is full support under Linux.
In particular I expect less support under Linux for those models
which require a non-free module (like the Perfection 3590 PHOTO).

Olaf,
might there be less functionality under Linux even for those models
which are reported as "complete" in
http://www.sane-project.org/lists/sane-backends-external.html#S-EPKOWA
?

Of course I mean only the scanning functionality and not stuff
like the nice buttons for e-mail, printing and whatever
or printing and/or faxing functionality for all-in-one devices.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de