[sane-devel] Genesys backend support.

Tyler McKellar tmckellar at cinci.rr.com
Tue Oct 25 04:55:27 UTC 2005

I'm using Ubuntu and have Sane installed through the repositories. I
also have an HP Scanjet 2300c which is now supported by the genesys
backend. The version of the Sane backends that are in the Ubuntu
repositories don't have the genesys backend in it. I've tried
downloading the backend source package and installing them which
contains the genesys backend but I can't get the driver to work. Under
the Sane packages from the Ubuntu repositories I can use
sane-find-scanner and it detects my scanner but doesn't under scanimage
-L. After installing the backends package it doesn't find my scanner at
all even with the genesys backend. My question is if I can add just the
genesys backend to the Sane backends I already have from the version of
Sane from the Ubuntu repositories. Thanks.

Tye