[sane-devel] Can't find fi-4120C2 on Mac OS X

Darrell Styner darrell at avanta.com
Tue Oct 25 19:57:08 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've just installed the latest libusb and sane-backends packages from
ellert.se. When I run sane-find-scanner it sees my HP 6110 AIO, but
not my fi-4120C2. If I disconnect the HP then it doesn't find
anything on the USB ports. The 4120 works fine on my Windows PC, so I
know there's nothing wrong with the scanner. I'm running Mac OS
10.4.2 on a Dual 2GHz G5. Any ideas?

Here's some output:

sane-find-scanner

   # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
   # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
   # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

   # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different,
make sure that
   # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0 [Hewlett-Packard], product=0x2d11
[OfficeJet 6100 Series]) at libusb:003:002-03f0-2d11-00-00
   # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
supported by

   # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

   # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other
proprietary ports
   # can't be detected by this program.

   # You may want to run this program as root to find all devices.
Once you
   # found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access permissions as
   # necessary.

otool -L /usr/local/bin/scanimage
/usr/local/bin/scanimage:
         /usr/local/lib/libsane.1.dylib (compatibility version 2.0.0,
current version 2.16.0)
         /usr/local/lib/libusb-0.1.4.dylib (compatibility version
9.0.0, current version 9.3.0)
         /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0,
current version 88.2.1)
         /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/
A/CoreFoundation (compatibility version 150.0.0, current version
363.0.0)
         /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit
(compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 270.0.0)
         /usr/lib/libmx.A.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 92.0.0)

Darrell Styner