[sane-devel] Canon CanoScan LiDE 35

Cameron Harris thecwin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 20:33:20 UTC 2005

On 10/30/05, Pierre Willenbrock <pierre at pirsoft.dnsalias.org> wrote:
> Cameron Harris schrieb:
> >

> > Right.. got a full compressed log, attached it to this message.
> >
> > Thanks :)
> >

> Thanks for the log.
>
> Please try the attached patch.
> I don't know if it helps. The backend is trying to read 1560000 bytes
> from the scanner, but libusb does not provide that much. We need to find
> out where the data is lost. The patch addresses one possible cause.
>
> Regards,
>   Pierre

Ummmm.. well... good and bad news.

The patch made it get past where it was stopping before, and now loads
of rubbish appears on the terminal when I do scanimage. I ran xsane to
see if it was scanning anything, hit acquire preview.

The scanner made a few noises, then went "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep"
until the scan was done. While it was beeping, the scanner head was
lit green.

The image produced was just grey lines on a black-ish background. One
good thing is that if I open the scanner lid mid-scan, it seems to
have an effect on the image appearing on screen.

Sane Screenshot: http://htsc01.b3ta.org/scan.png

Where it gets lighter is where I opened the lid, and darker again when
I closed it.

I'll try getting it onto a Windows system and actually making sure the
scanner works properly :|, maybe I could get a USB snoop while I'm at
it, just in case.

Thanks again :) .
--
Cameron Harris