[sane-devel] Super CoolScan Slide Feeders

Alexander Oelzant alexander+sane at oelzant.priv.at
Mon Sep 5 22:47:53 UTC 2005

On Sun, Aug 28, 2005 at 10:52:13PM +0200, Alexander Oelzant wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 12:20:13PM +0100, Nigel Feltham wrote:
> > I cannot help with info on the SF-100 but the LS-1000 scanner itself works
> > fine under SANE.
>
> Excellent, I just won one by accident on you-know-where (including the
> SF-100, we shall see ...) :)

It's here. There is some weirdness in coolscan.c, though: The ASF option
is described as --source "Automatic Slide Feeder" and source[] contains
that string, but there is a strcmp on "Automatic...". With that bit
corrected and some eject stuff copied from coolscan2, it almost
works, but practically every time jams (half-ejects the slide back into
the SF-100 magazine).

I'm still not sure wether it's software, hardware (one of four seemingly
redundant rubber belts in the SF-100 unit is torn) or my slightly
rounded slide frames (bonum) ...

If I get it to work (halfways) properly I'll send a patch, of course;
meanwhile has anybody got any suggestions?

hand
   Alexander

--
Alexander Oelzant (Durchlaufstr. 7/4/5, A-1200 Wien)
alexander at oelzant.priv.at aoe at fsinf.htu.tuwien.ac.at
       ex-internic, ripe, bofh, priv.at: !ao418
            +43 1 3500929 +43 676 84441065                                  McQ