[sane-devel] Visioneer Strobe XP 100 or other mobile scanners

Dan Diephouse dan at envoisolutions.com
Wed Sep 7 15:25:30 UTC 2005

Howdy,

I've been looking Visioneer mobile scanners like the Strobe XP 100
(http://orders.visioneer.com/category.jsp?category=MOBILE). Its not
supported yet, but from the mailling list archives it looks like its
close. So I have two questions:

1. Is there another mobile scanner that is sheet-feed and usb powered
that someone can recommend?
2. If not, how hard would it be for me to get the XP 100 working? I have
mild C experience and am pretty familiar with linux, but low on device
driver knowledge. The last status update I see on this scanner in the
archives is here:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2003-February/006702.html

- Dan

--