[sane-devel] xsane support of 16-bit grayscale scanner output

Oliver Rauch Oliver.Rauch at Rauch-Domain.DE
Wed Sep 7 15:52:19 UTC 2005

XSane does get this information from the backend.

May be you have to select an option (Scanmode or in standard or advanced
options window) to tell the backend to use 16bits/sample. May be the
scanner does not support 16 bit output, only uses 16 bit internal and
outputs 8 bits/sample.

Oliver