[sane-devel] Astra 3400 Mac OS X

Mattias Ellert mattias.ellert at tsl.uu.se
Wed Sep 7 18:50:05 UTC 2005

6 sep 2005 kl. 08.08 skrev Gerhard Jaeger:

> Hi,
>
> On Monday 05 September 2005 17:43, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 03:01:28PM +0200, Markus Mueller wrote:
>>
>>> But I feel a little bit uncomfortable, since I created directories
>>> manually, that should be created automatically during
>>> installation. So
>>> wonder what went wrong.
>>
>> backend/Makefile should create that directory if the test for the
>> locking feature in configure is successful.
>>
>> This works for me (tm) on Linux (at least with the current CVS
>> version
>> of SANE).
>
> well it works for me as well, but we should do some investigations
> on that,
> as it turned out, that it does not seem to work in any case - why?
> I don't
> know :(
>
> Ciao,
> Gerhard

Well, there is a problem. If the configure script detects that the
user group used for locking files does not exist, it first enables
locking then disables the creation of the directory where the locking
files should appear. The intention was to disable locking when the
group does not exist. If have fixed it in CVS. New binary packages
for MacOS X have been created and are available at http://
www.ellert.se/twain-sane/.

     Mattias