[sane-devel] Backend for Medion MD 6190

Martin Haag x.monte at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 17:20:47 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am planning to write a Backend for the  Medion MD 6190 Scanner (
http://www.sane-project.org/unsupported/medion-md6190.html ).

If one has already started to do so please contact me for sharing knowledge.

I have planned to provide all the information about the scanner on my
homepage so everyone can access it. The importend information and the
backend ( hope there will be one ) can of course be populated on the
sane web page too.

Link : http://mibix.de/knowhow.php?part=2

First I've planned to contact the manufacturer.
Second I've planned to disassemble the hardware.
And as a third step analyse the USB traffic with usbsnoop.

Since this is my first project like this I may ask a lot of questions,
so please stay patient.

Thanks so far.

cya
Martin Haag