[sane-devel] Trouble with scanimage on windows; sane-find-scanner ok

Kerry Menzel kerry at carmatchauto.com
Fri Sep 16 20:59:54 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to use SANE backend on windows and Linux so that I have a
consistent scanner interface for my application across platforms. I have the
back and front end working on Linux. Great stuff!

I can't seem to get things to work on Windows XP SP2. I have the cygwin
tools. I compiled the back and front ends. I've got libusb in my /usr/lib
directory. When I run sane-find-scanner -q I get the following:

$ sane-find-scanner -q

  # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
  # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
  # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

found 2 busses
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04c5, product=0x1041) at
libusb:bus-1:\\.\libusb0-0003--0x04c5-0x1041

If I run scanimage -L, I don't get any scanners.
$ scanimage
scanimage: no SANE devices found

$ scanadf -d"fujitsu:libusb:bus-1:\\.\libusb0-0004--0x04c5-0x1041"
scanadf: open of device fujitsu:libusb:bus-1:\.\libusb0-0004--0x04c5-0x1041
failed: Invalid argument

I have a fujitsu fi-4120c

I edited /usr/local/etc/sane.d and put in:
# For Fujitsu scanners connected via USB using vendor and device ids
(libusb):
usb 0x04c5 0x1041

What do I need to do to get this working in windows. Any hints would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kerry