? about [sane-devel] Epson GT 15000 not recognized by SANE

Mattias Ellert mattias.ellert at tsl.uu.se
Tue Sep 20 11:49:43 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 21:48 -0700, Kent Braun wrote:
> I hope you don’t mind me asking. I’m trying to find out if there is a
> way to get the Epson GT-15000 to run on OS X. What OS are you running
> it under and how is it working?

> Kent Braun

Most of SANE works on MacOS X, unless it uses something very OS
specific.

E.g. USB scanners supported by the microtek2 does not work, since this
relies on a Linux kernel module.

Also closed source backends that link to propriety libraries usually
don't work, since these libraries are usually not available for MacOS X.
This is the case for the epkowa backend.

At the moment the epkowa backend is the only backend supporting the
Epson GT-15000 according to the SANE database, which means it is not
supported by SANE on MacOS X at the moment.

I don't know the status for planned support for this scanner in any of
the open source backends.

	Mattias Ellert