[sane-devel] Scanimage Feature: Duplex

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Fri Sep 23 12:11:09 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 09:52:44AM +0200, Mario Goppold wrote:
> > > i've work on a patch to support duplex scan with the scanimage frontend.
> > > The patch also implements a progress info for use with externel programs
> > > (like dialog o.s.).
> > > It works since backend-1.0.8 with several FUJITSU backends but i think it
> > > is backend independent. The patch is actually against backend-1.0.15.

Thanks for the patch. I have had a look at it and I think it's too
special for a general purpose program like scanimage. It depends on
the option "duplex" and a setting of "both" which is not defined as
well-known option (and is not even listed in saneopts.h).

Maybe this is more suited for the scanadf program?

Anyway, I liked the idea of the progress indicator and modified it a
bit for console output. This is in CVS now.