[sane-devel] Epson CX3200's scanner isn't detected with recent

LukenShiro lukenshiro at ngi.it
Fri Sep 23 17:10:45 UTC 2005

il 23/09 14:55, Henning Meier-Geinitz scrisse:
> Could you try again with the current snapshot? The error from
> usb_set_configuration is now ignored. i can't test this so please tell
> us if it works even if usblp is running.

I've tried just now with sane-backends-2005-09-23; it works very well
with usblp.ko loaded module. Thank you Henning.

So, resuming, there are two possibilities for this MFP to work:
 1) sane-backends < 2005-09-23 & loaded usblp.ko & real device
/dev/usb/lp0 created & stock cups-1.1.23 & Device URI usb:/dev/usb/lp0
in cups web-config
 2) sane-backends-2005-09-23 & removed usblp.ko & real device
/dev/usb/lp0 not created & cups-1.1.23 with Couriousous' usb-libusb.c &
Device URI usb://EPSON/Stylus%20CX3200 in cups web-config

 P.S.: It seems that all of my today new sent messages were bounced by
the postmaster before arriving to ML, because of
 sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org; Failed; 5.4.0 (other or undefined
network or routing status)
 Indeed there are three hosts down among *qwest.net and *debian.org

So, FYI I'll send you a mail sent to Till and Couriousous: