[sane-devel] CanoScan LiDE20 - broken driver and so

m. allan noah anoah at pfeiffer.edu
Mon Sep 26 14:52:11 UTC 2005

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 03:36:23PM +0200, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
>> Dont think so. Of course we can assume that these packages only fit
>> together with matching releases.
>>
>> The point is to get them built separately and put them into
>> separate packages.
>
> Most backends use common infrastructure. I don't think it's useful to
> separate this or even duplicate it.

dont confuse 'easy' with 'useful', henning. i have been doing some
embedded linux work lately, and would like the ability to install
individual backends easily. that said, this is mostly a distro problem,
not one that can only be handled in sane, and i deal with it via
post-compile install/packaging scripts, which works ok.

allan