[sane-devel] Re: macosx/darwin -- canoscan lide25 -- success

Shouri Chatterjee shouri at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 13:19:21 UTC 2005

Hi,

I can confirm that I could get the scan on macosx/darwin with the
canoscan lide25 up and working!

Canon's proprietary drivers on macosx runs a button-listener which
exclusively takes up the device interface. This process, called
"CNQL1213_ButtonManager.app" needs to be killed before trying a
scanimage. (I think this process fires up at boot time. Not good...)

After that,
scanimage --resolution 600dpi -l 0mm -r 0mm -x 216mm -y 279mm > a.pnm
will correctly scan the entire image.

The sound of the whirring motors in the scanner is still abnormal -
but I guess this can be tweaked and fixed with more and more
experimentation.

Thanks for all the help!

-Shouri