[sane-devel] Support for Epson All-in-one

Russbucket russbucket at nwi.net
Fri Sep 30 20:17:14 UTC 2005

On Friday 30 September 2005 09:13 am, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 07:49:24AM -0700, Russbucket wrote:
> > I just updated SANE to version 1.0.15-21 on SuSE 9.1.
>
> That's quite old. 1.0.16 is the current stable version. Which version
> did you use before? Have you updated only SANE or also other packages?
I down loaded the latest YaST showed available for SuSE 9.1. No other
packages.

> > My Epson CX6600 all - in
>
> At least according to our scanner search engine this scanner is not
> supported by the sane-backends distribution. Maybe the list needs to
> be updated?
>
> Which backend di you use? "epson" or "epkowa"? The latter one is an
> external backend, that means it doesn't come with the sane-backends
> distribution. According to the list, it's supported by epkowa.
I have been using epkowa and Iscan since I wasunable initally to get the
scanner configured as epson.

> > - one scanner is not found. When i go to manual configure it under YaST
> > there is no vendor information at all. Is there an additional
> > download(update) I need. This was not seen under the previous version I
> > had also.
>
> Is it found by sane-find-scanner? If yes, is it found by "scanimage -L"?
sane-find-scanner: YES
  found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x0813 [USB2.0 MFP]) at
libusb:001:003
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported
by

scanimage: YES
  device `epkowa:libusb:001:003' is a Epson Stylus CX6500/CX6600 flatbed
scanner

> If no, please send debug output:

As I said the only place I seem to have a problem is with YaSt hardware
configure manually. No vendors show up even one that exist in the

> SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=255 scanimage -L
> SANE_DEBUG_EPKOWA=255 scanimage -L
>
> Bye,
>   Henning
I do see it in sane.d so maybe its just me. I was looking for an easier way to
install this when my SuSE 10.0 arrives next month.

Thanks for your help. Is there an Epson backend for this All-in-one?
--
Russbucket