[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 3490, Mandriva 2006.

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz at gmx.de
Tue Apr 18 22:05:42 UTC 2006

On Sunday 16 April 2006 01:19, Showork wrote:
>     Mandriva OS sees the scanner as Epson flatbed , but does not
> have the model. The exact model is not listed.
> libusb:004:005 is reported as the scanner.
>     This worked a month ago within an hour of bringing it home from
> the store. Not now because I changed/upgraded the OS.
>     I had, there was a super a-z guide for this scanner I cant find
> it
>
> :-( .
>
>     Does anyone have/know of a really good trouble shooting/
> installation  guide for  this scanner.    I'd like to be able to
> select the model in Mandriva 's  GUI, how do I get it there?

Hi,

if you intend to use the snapscan backend I assume you've followed the
instructions concerning firmware files on http://snapscan.sf.net.

There seems to be a problem with snapscan backend in
sane-backends-1.0.17 and some Epson scanners (IO-Error after inquiry
command). Downgrading to sane-backends-1.0.16 or upgrading to the
latest CVS version should fix it.

/Oliver