[sane-devel] Preparation for sane-backends release 1.0.18

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Thu Apr 20 13:30:06 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 2006-04-18 20:21, JKD wrote:
> > hp3900
>
> The fifth release (0.5) of this backend is still in alpha status. It
> seems to work well with normal/reflective scans in 8 and 16 bit depth
> and provides colour, gray and lineart modes (gray and lineart emulated
> in the backend yet) but slide/negative scans don't work properly and
> sometimes the scanner behaviour forces user to reset device.
>
> IMHO the backend is not ready to include in sane-backends.

There are still some weeks left for improvement :-)

I had a quick look at the package. It compiles fine for me and I
couldn't find any fundamental problem when looking at the code.
The only thing is:

make libcheck says:
Libraries exporting 'illegal' symbols:
*** backend/.libs/libsane-hp3900.a:
00000000 D use_gamma_tables
Libraries exporting 'non-standard sane_*' symbols:
*** backend/.libs/libsane-epson.a:
000052d0 T sane_auto_eject