[sane-devel] Wrong colour scanning with HP 7400c

Rene Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Mon Apr 24 16:01:11 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Sunday 23 April 2006 23:28, Erik P. Olsen wrote:

> >> It does not happen with a smaller region. However, I can reduce the scan
> >> by so small an amount that the yellow stripe will still show up just
> >> smaller. But I can also see that the yellow stripe overlays the picture,
> >> so it is not some plastic on the side or similar, it is actually induced
> >> by the backend.
> >>
> >> BTW, there is also a tiny green stripe about 1/5 of the width of the
> >> yellow stripe.
> >
> > Hm, maybe then something is or got wrong for the 7400 calibration.
>
> Anything I can do for the calibration?

The calibration is done (for scanners requiring this) by the avision driver.
Most probably some regression (e.g. support for other calibration data
layout) was introduced since I know it noce works perfectly for the HP 7400.

You can either try older versions and tell me which one work, read the
svn history like svn log http://svn.exactcode.de/sane-avision/trunk or
the code directory to find out where it goes wrong. I'll take a look in some
days when the important stuff from my desk is done.

Yours,

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
            http://exactcode.de | http://t2-project.org | http://rebe.name