[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 30 FC 5 hotplug question

Richard England rengland at europa.com
Wed Apr 26 06:24:17 UTC 2006

I've updated my machine from FC4, in which I did not try Xsane (etc.)
to FC 5.  When I plug in my Canon LiDE 30 USB scanner and fire up Xsane,
it announces that it cannot find a scanner.  However, if I leave it
plugged in, logout, and log back in, then Xsane finds the scanner and
every thing works swimmingly.   Under FC3  it does not seem to matter.
Hot plugging the scanner works fine.

Can anyone shed light on why the "hot plug" capability is not working
for FC5?  I did notice the "hot plug" scripts are gone but I assumed
that was because UDEV (or HAL, or something else) was suppose to take
care of this.

Any assistance or enlightenment would be appreciated.

Thank you,

--
--R