[sane-devel] UMAX 1200S Truncated Image Problem

Romash, Cliff romash at sonusnet.com
Sat Apr 29 13:34:57 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've recently gotten an old Umax 1200S working with SUSE 9.3, xsane 0.97, sane version 1.0.15, backend Umax.

But more often than not, my actual scan is truncated in the direction of scanner motion (the long direction)to .267 inches. Howver, preview works fine, and I can sometimes (no idea why) get a proper scan.

For example, In inches, scan settings of 7 by 6.15 produces an image of 7 by .267, scan settings of 8.5 by 14 produces an image of 8.5 by .267.

Any clues as to what might be wrong?

Cliff Romash