[sane-devel] Setup Packet Question

Tabor Kelly tkelly-sane-devel at taborandtashell.net
Wed Aug 2 21:15:56 UTC 2006

m. allan noah wrote:
> try to look around in the scanner's install directory for a file of the
> same length as the one bertrik made, and use a hex editor to see if the
> first few lines are the same. after that you can worry about a binary diff.

When this failed to get me anywhere I used Search and Replace for
Windows (http://www.funduc.com/search_replace.htm) to search for the
first 16 bytes in Betrik's file. The only place where that 16 bytes
occurs is in Betrick's file itself, and some old SnoopyPro logs I had
(so Betrick didn't mess up making the file).

Oh well, I will cease to worry about this for the moment. I do not think
it will be an issue.

-Tabor