[sane-devel] backend configuration error.

Immanuel CRC Office office at immanuelministries.ca
Thu Aug 3 12:59:53 UTC 2006

m. allan noah wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, Immanuel CRC Office wrote:
>
>> I removed the printer. Now it says it does not find anything. This is
>> what I get from the below command:
>>
>> [plustek_pp] attach (parport0, 0x7fffff9e58c0, (nil))
>> [plustek_pp] Device configuration:
>> [plustek_pp] device name   : >parport0<
>> [plustek_pp] direct I/O    : yes
>> [plustek_pp] warmup        : -1s
>> [plustek_pp] lampOff       : -1
>> [plustek_pp] lampOffOnEnd  : yes
>> [plustek_pp] model override: 0
>> [plustek_pp] ---------------------
>> [plustek_pp] drvopen()
>> [plustek_pp] open: PtDrvInit failed: 11
>> [plustek_pp] open failed: -1
>> [plustek_pp] sane_get_devices (0x7fffff9e79c0, 0)
>>
>> for ecp, ecp+epp, epp and spp settings in the bios.
>>
>> Crystle
>
> 1. what does your plustek_pp.conf look like?
> 2. you are doing this as root?
> 3. what is the io port and irq set to in the bios?
>
> allan

Okay. I'm stupid. I wasn't doing it as root.

When I am root and I do "SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK_PP=255 scanimage -L" I get this:
[plustek_pp] *** DETECTION DONE, result: 0 ***
[plustek_pp] ioctl(_PTDRV_ADJUST)
[plustek_pp] Adjusting device 0
[plustek_pp] warmup:       -1
[plustek_pp] lampOff:      -1
[plustek_pp] lampOffOnEnd: -1
[plustek_pp] ioctl(_PTDRV_GET_CAPABILITES)
[plustek_pp] ioctl(_PTDRV_GET_LENSINFO)
[plustek_pp] Scanner information:
[plustek_pp] Vendor : Plustek
[plustek_pp] Model  : 9636P+/Turbo
[plustek_pp] Asic   : 0x81
[plustek_pp] Flags  : 0x00020200
[plustek_pp] drvclose()
[plustek_pp] ioctl(_PTDRV_STOP_SCAN)
[plustek_pp] Waiting for Sensor to be back in position
[plustek_pp] - done !
[plustek_pp] ioctl(_PTDRV_CLOSE_DEVICE)
[plustek_pp] *** cleanup buffers ***
[plustek_pp] Putting Scanner (ASIC 98001) into Idle-Mode
[plustek_pp] CCD-Stop
[plustek_pp] *[0x41] = 0xff
[plustek_pp] *[0x42] = 0xff
[plustek_pp] *[0x4b] = 0xff
[plustek_pp] *[0x4c] = 0xff
[plustek_pp] *[0x4d] = 0xff
[plustek_pp] *[0x4e] = 0xff
[plustek_pp] *[0x2a] = 0x01
[plustek_pp] *[0x2b] = 0x00
[plustek_pp] *[0x2d] = 0x00
[plustek_pp] *[0x1b] = 0x19
[plustek_pp] *[0x14] = 0xff
[plustek_pp] *[0x15] = 0x00
[plustek_pp] Lamp-Timer started!
[plustek_pp] ptdrvClose()
[plustek_pp] MiscRestorePort()
[plustek_pp] Releasing parport
[plustek_pp] attach: model = >9636P+/Turbo<
[plustek_pp] sane_get_devices (0x7fffff8c6520, 0)
device `plustek_pp:parport0' is a Plustek 9636P+/Turbo parallel port
flatbed scanner
[plustek_pp] sane_exit
[plustek_pp] ptdrvShutdown()
[plustek_pp] cleanup device 0
[plustek_pp] Lamp-Timer stopped!
[plustek_pp] Try to claim the parport
[plustek_pp] Putting Scanner (ASIC 98001) into Idle-Mode
[plustek_pp] CCD-Stop
[plustek_pp] *[0x41] = 0xff
[plustek_pp] *[0x42] = 0xff
[plustek_pp] *[0x4b] = 0xff
[plustek_pp] *[0x4c] = 0xff
[plustek_pp] *[0x4d] = 0xff
[plustek_pp] *[0x4e] = 0xff
[plustek_pp] *[0x2a] = 0x01
[plustek_pp] *[0x2b] = 0x00
[plustek_pp] *[0x2d] = 0x00
[plustek_pp] *[0x1b] = 0x19
[plustek_pp] *[0x14] = 0xff
[plustek_pp] *[0x15] = 0x00
[plustek_pp] Releasing parport

So - that is good right?

Now, how do I access the scanner not as root? When I run Xsane as me, it
says no devices found.

If I do gksudo xsane, I get something, but also a warning for running as
root.

I followed this how to:
http://www.linuxprinting.org/download/digitalimage/Scanning-as-Normal-User-on-Wierd-Scanner-Mini-HOWTO.txt

but it is still saying 'no devices found' unless I run it as root.

Could you point me in the direction I should go next?

Thanks!
Crystle

--
Crystle Numan