[sane-devel] scanner mustek scanexpress 1248 UB not detected

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Sat Aug 5 21:03:59 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have here a suse 10.1 x86_64 box. When I connect this scanner and
run (root or normal user makes no difference) sane-find-scanner, I
get:

  found USB scanner (vendor=0x055f, product=0x021f [USB Scanner],
                   chip=GT-6816) at libusb:001:010

  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
  # supported by SANE. Try scanimage -L and read the backend's
  # manpage.

However, scanimage -L yelds no result:

	No scanners were identified

I have not clear what should the next step be. Which file should I
edit, or which specific sane man page is appropriate here?

Thank you in advance for any feedback,

      Marco