[sane-devel] Perfection 3170 on powerpc

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Mon Aug 7 07:03:53 UTC 2006

Dmitri Hrapof <hrapof at common-lisp.ru> writes:

> Hello!
>
> Do I understand correctly that I absolutely need to be on IA32 to use Epson
> Perfection 3170?
> My source of hope is that iscan package build didn't produce a frontend, but it
> did produce a backend...

Your scanner requires 'iscan-plugin-gt-9400' in addition to the epkowa
backend.  As EPSON AVASYS only provides i386 RPMs and *no* sources,
there is no chance that this will run on powerpc.

Please file a request for powerpc binaries at

  pipsnews @ avasys.jp

so that EPSON AVASYS can substantiate a need for other binary packages
when talking to its sponsor.

# EPSON AVASYS != SEIKO EPSON

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                          EPSON AVASYS Corporation, SE1
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/