[sane-devel] Polling HP Scanjet 7400c buttons?

Parag N(पराग़) panemade at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 03:15:05 UTC 2006

Hi,
     On 8/9/06, m. allan noah <anoah at pfeiffer.edu> wrote:

> > On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 13:55 -0400, m. allan noah wrote:
> >> not an 'API' exactly, but more of a 'convention'. there are a couple of
> >> button daemons floating around (one is in the experimental cvs tree) which
> >> attempt to read the value of certain named options provided by the
> >> backend.
> >>

> > The interface/convention you mention is good, but too high a level.  I
> > search the the HP backends and didn't see much in regards to button
> > polling.  I did see mention of polling the "front" button, but not sure
> > what it is.
>
> the 6300 only has a single button.
>

> > I'm wondering if the buttons can be accessed via the SCL (HP Scanner
> > Control Language) interface.  Does anyone know?  Specs anyone?
>
> what makes you think the hp 7400 speaks SCL? its built by avision...
>

> >> write to the LCD? can the windows software do that?
> >
> > Not sure, only Linux here.  I figured it must because all my HP 7400c
> > ever displays is "Initializing" or "Ready" on the LCD.  Even during scans.
>
> you know what happens when you assume :) if the backend does not change it
> from Initializing to Ready, then i expect its under the complete control
> of the scanner, but i could be wrong.

      FYI when i google i found scanbuttond project that supports few
scanners to have their buttons working fine.
      Current supported scanner list by this project can be found at
http://scanbuttond.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=/Supported_Scanners.php
      I don't know currently what type of functionality is added in
CVS tree and for which scanners?
Regards,
Parag.