[sane-devel] Fujistu ADF scanner support?

m. allan noah anoah at pfeiffer.edu
Tue Aug 15 11:30:10 UTC 2006

http://www.sane-project.org/sane-backends.html#S-FUJITSU

sane support is 'good' on both models.

i think both of those models are discontinued, but if you can get them
cheap it might be worth it. the 4120 is usb 1.1 and scsi, and usually
comes with a scsi card and cable. it is a much nicer scanner the the 5110
series, but usb 1.1 is very slow for larger scans.

i think the 5110eox is usb2 only, and a little slower and noisier than the
4120, but you can actually get the data out of the scanner with usb2 :)

if you have the option, the 4120c2 is usb2, and adds some neat features
like background color changing, i have one sitting on my desk, so support
is pretty good :)

allan