[sane-devel] Canon Lide 50/Plustek

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Sat Aug 19 09:59:44 UTC 2006

On Friday 18 August 2006 12:40, Simon Troup wrote:
> Hi
>
> my scanner is a Canon Lide 50, I'm on OSX 10.4. Sscanimage is returning
> this ...
>
> device `plustek:libusb:005:003-04a9-220e-ff-00' is a Canon N1240U/LiDE30
> USB flatbed scanner

ah, interesting ;) didn't know that so far...
does it work correctly with the latest CVS version?

>  I've managed to get the scanner to work but it doesn't grab the whole
> print area, I'm after A4 and it's returning scans that are a little
> smaller, maybe it's defaulting to letter size or something.

How did you grab that - scanimage?
The defaults for the backend are far smaller than A4.

> Just to get me going and pointed in the right area, is there anything that
> can be done, there was nothing obvious in the config or FAQ, I'm not sure
> what words I should be searching for or which docs to start on.

The devices' maximum scanarea definition could be found in plustek-usbdevs.c -
watch out for LiDE30 comments. The default scanarea definition for the backend
is located at plustek.h

HTH
Gerhard