[sane-devel] Can't get Astraslim 1200SE to work

Edwin Schraven e.schraven at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 21:02:54 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I've googled for an answer and searched the mailinglist, but didn't find an
answer. So I now dare to post my problem here and hope someone can help me.

I'm using Suse 10.1 with Sane 1.0.18 and a Umax AstraSlim 1200Se USB
scanner.
When I use sane-find-scanner I get the following info returned:

found USB scanner (vendor=0x05d8, product=0x4010 [USB Scanner],
chip=GT-6816) at libusb:003:004
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported
by

But scanimage -L returns that there was no scanner detected. This happens
when I do this as a normal user, and as root.
The file artec_eplus48u.conf contains this:

#

# This section is for the UMAX AstraSlim 1200 SE
# Note, that the name of the firmware file is called 1200.usb for
# this device
usb 0x05d8 0x4010
option artecFirmwareFile /usr/share/sane/artec_eplus48u/1200.usb
option vendorString "UMAX"
option modelString "AstraSlim 1200 SE"

#

And the file 1200.usb is in the right directorie. I've put it there as root
(is that correct?)
I just can't get the thing to work. Has someone succeeded to get this
scanner to work with sane?

Thanx.

Ed.