[sane-devel] Error when reading from Fujitsu fi-5120c

Matthew ecd at centurytel.net
Mon Aug 21 19:53:26 UTC 2006

I'm using Ubuntu 6.06 with all the latest updates and Sane backend
1.0.18 compiled from source along with Xsane .0991.

When I try to scan using scanimage or xsane either as root or as normal
user I get the following error.

"Error during read: Error during device I/O."

I've read just about every instruction on setting up Sane and so far I
can't get it to work.  I did get it to work once, but then it stopped.
I believe I manually changed the usb permissions.  I've tried to figure
out the hotplug stuff, but so far I've failed at everything.

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong or not doing?