[sane-devel] Can't get Canon MP360 working

Wittawat Yamwong wy-sane-devel at arcor.de
Tue Aug 22 18:18:18 UTC 2006

Hi Martin,

Your scanner seems to use the same command set as MP700/MP730 but there are
still some differences, e.g. the command sequence for reading image data, the
length of the interrupt packet (16 instead of 8 bytes) etc. You can derive
your code from pixma_mp730.c in the pixma backend. (Please download the
backend from http://home.arcor.de/wittawat/pixma. I haven't updated CVS yet.)
Add your scanner to the device list at the end of pixma_mp730.c:

  DEVICE("Canon PIXMA MP360", 0x263c, 1200, 636, 877, 0),

The backend should detect your scanner now. You may try scanning a _small_
area but don't expect that it'll work. Unfortunately, the source code is not
documented. If you have any questions, just ask! :-)

Regards,
Wittawat

--
Wittawat Yamwong