[sane-devel] Re: Error when reading from Fujitsu fi-5120c

m. allan noah anoah at pfeiffer.edu
Fri Aug 25 15:06:05 UTC 2006

> scanimage: scanning image of size 5104x6600 pixels at 1 bits/pixel
> scanimage: acquiring gray frame
> [fujitsu] sane_read: start
> [fujitsu] read_from_scanner: start
> [fujitsu] read_from_scanner: si:0 to:4210800 rx:0 re:4210800 bu:65536
> pa:65076
> [fujitsu] do_usb_cmd: start
> [fujitsu] in: return error 'End of file reached'
> [fujitsu] read_from_scanner: got EOF, changing to GOOD

hmm. i bet that is the culprit. i bet we should catch that eof, and run
status anyway. instead of continuing. normally the 5120 is in blocking
mode, and does not do this. even if we get the io error later to work,
this will corrupt the image anyway, so it has to be fixed.

did you have the scanner connected to windows, then connect it to linux,
without power cycling the scanner? if the windows driver sets up the
scanner for some kind of non-blocking or buffering mode, this would
happen.

if you power cycle the scanner while its connected to linux, does this
happen still?

allan