[sane-devel] OT?:xsane/gocr

Ernie Schroder schroder at ntplx.net
Sun Feb 5 18:37:28 UTC 2006

After not bothering with optical charactor recognition for a long while, I
decided to give it another shot.
An image scanned at 600 dpi and saved as a .png actually translated very well
to text. Lower case "i" showed an accent tick instead of the dot about 50% of
the time and about 10% of the time, lower case "L" was converted to upper
case "i". Superscript is even more problematic with the exponant "-­¹"
showing up as "-`" or "-1", but never correct.

Can anyone point me towards some documentation that might help me decrease
errors?
--
Regards, Ernie