[sane-devel] Help with Lexmark x1195

Fred Odendaal freshshelf at rogers.com
Wed Feb 8 03:05:25 UTC 2006

Marcelo,

I'm not sure the  sane lexmark backend will work with this scanner. The
x1195 is a new model and Lexmark has released a new version of the
Windows driver on March 10 2005; I assume to add support for it. The
sane backend was developed on an x1185 all-in-one.

If you don't mind doing a scan and sending me the logfile I might be
able to figure out what is going on.

To create a logfile with xsane do the following:
- If your shell is a korn shell, or bash shell type:
          export SANE_DEBUG_LEXMARK=20
          export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=20
- If your shell is C shell, or tcsh shell type:
          setenv SANE_DEBUG_LEXMARK 20
          setenv SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB 20
- From the same shell type "xsane 2> xsane_log"
- Try doing a scan of a small area at a low resolution (3"x5" at 150dpi
is the default) and quit .
- Send me the xsane_log file.

If you are using a different frontend replace "xsane" with that
frontend's name.

regards,
Fred O.