[sane-devel] Re: updated Fujitsu SANE backend

m. allan noah anoah at pfeiffer.edu
Sat Feb 18 00:08:17 UTC 2006

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006, Charles Duffy wrote:

> I quite certainly get further than I did before -- on my initial test run,
> the scan began and proceeded 3/4 of the way through the page before halting
> -- but an unfortunate incident involving a cup of water terminated my
> experimentation before I could do further testing or execute a run with
> logging enabled.

that is somewhat better.

> Should the scanner decide on Monday that it's inclined towards operation, I
> should be able to provide more detailed information then. (Should a service
> manual describing full disassembly and reassembly be available, as opposed to
> the one I found online which which described replacing only some of the most
> readily accessible parts but *not* such critical areas as the board
> underneath, I would be most appreciative of a pointer in its direction).

upright fujitsu- turn it over, start from the bottom. mostly screws,
rarely tabs, never glue.

> "--mode=Halftone" results in "scanimage: setting of option --mode failed
> (Invalid argument)".

i have never used halftone, so i dont know if thats a regression or not :)

> Also, I note that "startbutton" hasn't been replaced with simply "button", as
> needed to work with the button-daemon.

yeah- thats pretty far down on the list. besides, i think extending
buttond to understand that options button_* are also buttons might be
better. then we could have button_scan and button_sendto...

allan