[sane-devel] Require Windows USB log for HP 2300C scanner

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Tue Jan 3 12:01:36 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 2006-01-03 16:09, Parag N(????????????) wrote:
>      Thanks for reply but logs didnt work for me as they had taken
> with some other usb sniffer. do you have any other working link also.

No. But you could ask the person who created that website if he as
more logs. Or look at the original hp2300 page, there are links to
other users of this scanner:

http://cvs.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/html/unsupported/Attic/hp-scanjet-2300c.html?rev=1.7&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=sane

> Also i would like to suggest you how about storing at least one
> original windows usb capture file + same windows decoded debug file
> for each scanner type under its respective backend. or at least one

I won't store such data on the SANE website as its legal status is not
clear, at least in some countries. The same is true for my website.

> working scanner analysis under each backend, so that it can be used in
> future for development of backedn for other scanner havinf same
> chipset?

If there is such an analysis, I'm happy to add it to the backend
homepages I maintain.