[sane-devel] sane networking support / Epson CX11NF

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Tue Jan 3 12:47:30 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 2006-01-03 00:38, Alessandro Zummo wrote:
>    I'd like to add networking support to SANE in order to support
>  the scanner in subject via TCP/IP.
>
>   The protocol is mostly ESC/I plus some headers.
>
>  Given that SANE is missing a network transport, I'd like to discuss
>  a bit about it and on how to integrate it in SANE and in the epson
>  backend.

For general network stuff like opening/closing a connection, putting
such code into sanei/sanei_tcp.c (or similar) may be useful,
especially if platform-dependent code or IPv6 support is necessary.
Otherwise the backend will look like saned.c :-)

If this ESC protocol is used by more scanners, putting it into yet
another file may also make sense.