[sane-devel] "USB HP scanjet 4070 photo smart scanner" not working on Fedora3

JKD JKD at JKDSoft.cjb.net
Fri Jan 6 05:00:00 UTC 2006

Hello,

El Thu, 05 de Jan de 2006, a las 11:04:25PM +0100, Henning Meier-Geinitz dijo:
> Hi,
>
> On 2006-01-05 16:06, gangaraju wrote:
> > 	I have installed Fedora3(Linux-2.6.9),Kooka,xsane-0.92.
> > I got a USB HP scanjet 4070 photo smart scanner recently.
>
> This scanner may work with the external hp3900 backend, at least its
> chipset is supported by that backend:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/hp3900-series/
>
> > Don't my machine has supported drivers???
>
> There is no support in the sane-backends distribution. As there
> doesn't seem to exist any experience with your scanner and the hp3900
> backend yet, its status is "untested":
>
> http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=hew&model=4070&bus=any

Few days ago, some guy wrote a post in hp3900 forum talking about tests
with HP scanjet 4070 photo smart scanner:

http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=3502580

  Jonathan Bravo Lopez