[sane-devel] sane SCSI 32bit emulation on 64bit

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz at gmx.de
Sun Jan 8 22:05:40 UTC 2006

Hi,

> He doesn't want to recompile
> for 64bit because the amount of money he makes from the Linux
> version doesn't justify it.

Err... excuse me? I don't think the amount of money any of the SANE
developers makes from SANE development justifies any effort on this
behalf.

> I can understand your attitude, and I can understand the vuescan
> author's attitude. Between the two, the net result is no functional
> scanning application is available for SCSI scanners on a 64bit
> Linux workstation. There goes "Linux is suitable for the desktop".

No, there goes "Vuescan is suitable for the desktop". Some difference.

If you want to ask someone for a favour you better choose your words
carefully.

/Oliver