[sane-devel] Brother MFC 7820N Scanner

m. allan noah anoah at pfeiffer.edu
Sat Jul 8 16:07:59 UTC 2006

IIRC, the brother sane backend is closed source binary, so even if you get
sane working on windows, i doubt that you will make your scanner work.

do yourself a favor- actually two favors. 1. start using linux, you would
get sane, apache, and php out of the box, (and your system will generally
be faster and more secure) 2. switch to a scanner that has available open
source driver, so that it can be maintained by the community even after
the vendor stops supporting the model...

allan