[sane-devel] HELP! Epson Perfection 4180 Photo

brinkleybw at bigfoot.com brinkleybw at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 03:40:11 UTC 2006

Olaf, yes, I did.  I just checked the Synaptic Package Manager and confirmed
that I have loaded the iscan-plugin-gt-f600 package, version 1.0.0-2.  The X
scanning apps behave as previoulsy reported.  It sounds like the scanner is
returning a value(s) not expected by the software.

BTW, I think a reboot may have triggered something.  First of all, the
Segmentation Fault I reported in one of my previous posts now seems to
appear only if I run with sudo.  If I execute 'SANE_DEBUG_EPKOWA=255
scanimage -d epkowa:libusb:004:003 > ~/test.pnm' I get the following
output...back to the "read more data" warning.

<<<snip>>>
[epkowa] sane_open(libusb:004:003)
[epkowa] init_options()
[epkowa] open_scanner()
[epkowa] setvalue(option = 39, value = 0xbfd68824)
[epkowa] set = 0.000000
[epkowa] setvalue(option = 40, value = 0xbfd68824)
[epkowa] set = 0.000000
[epkowa] sane_start()
[epkowa] open_scanner()
[epkowa] scanner is already open: fd = 0
[epkowa] reset()
[epkowa] send buf, size = 2
[epkowa] buf[0] 1b .
[epkowa] buf[1] 40 @
[epkowa] receive buf, expected = 1, got = 1
[epkowa] buf[0] 15 .
[epkowa] close_scanner(fd = 0)
scanimage: sane_start: Invalid argument
[epkowa] close_scanner(fd = -1)
scanimage: WARNING: read more data than announced by backend (0/3000582144)
[epkowa] close_scanner(fd = -1)
[epkowa] sane_exit